Tuesday, October 25, 2011

pumpkin patching

I know I mention this every year, but I kind of dislike the pumpkin patch.
Remember my dislike stems from a combination of heat (it is always hot when I go to the pumkin patch) and dirt.
But since I have kids, I drag my booty out there every year.  Usually twice just to really torture myself.
This year was no exception.  The first trip was with Mia with our Mom & Me class.  And, shockingly, it was really hot.  And I even took a shower and washed and blow dryed my hair that morning.  And anyone with a newborn knows that is no small feat. 
On our way out of the parking lot, as I was cranking the A/C trying to cool my sweaty self down and thinking about how miserable pumpkin patches are, Mia says to me "Fun day Mommy".  Kind of made it worth it.

We went to our second pumpkin patch today with Chase's preschool.
And as a funny joke on me due to all of my complaining about pumpkin patches and the heat and dirt, it was raining.  So we had rain and mud.  I just can't win. 

It was actually just a light drizzle and there was lots of covering, so it wasn't half bad. But come on now.  Maybe I should stop my complaining.



3 comments:

kelly l said...

we FROZE our bums off at the pumpkin patch yesterday. i seriously thought i was going to lose a toe to frost bite, so i don't feel all that bad for you seeing mia in shorts. and because i was so cold, i took like 2 pictures and convinced drew to leave early.

BBS said...

These photos are just darling!

Amy Sue said...

Whiner! ;) Cute pics!