After I had Lyla I had a cousin (who is much older and who I have not seen in a long time) comment to me that it is weird to him to picture me all grown up, let alone a mother to 3 kids.
Truth is, it is hard for me to believe too.
Sometimes I feel like the early 20's version of myself, looking at my life in the future. Does that make sense? I look at these three kids and think, how did I get here? I am sure that is how we will feel our whole lives.
But here I am, Mother to three, and although it has only been 2 weeks, we are managing. I had so much anxiety leading up to having Lyla, and so far things are going better than expected. The kids have been great. I was really really really worried about Mia, but so far (knock on wood), she has been pretty great.
I am sure it will get harder, like when the baby stops sleeping all day and when I stop getting so much help.
Can I tell you though how great my friends, family and ward have been. Amazing. I am so lucky. Friends dropping off and picking up Chase from school. Friends picking up my kids for playdates. Friends and people from the ward who continue to bring me food. My mom taking both kids for the day, or for an hour so I can go to the store. And my husband, of course, who I never have to ask to help when he gets home. I know, I am lucky.
Also, I was telling a friend today that I realize I need to be honest with myself with what my limits are. Some people can handle more than me, some people less. I have to know what I can handle and not get ahead of myself. And know when I need to ask for help.
But like I told Chase today while I was walking down the stairs, while feeding the baby, while holding Mia's hand, "I feel like a Pro"
But check back with me in a month or so and I am sure I will be singing a different tune.

4 comments:
You are a pro Laura! That little Lyla is a sweet one. And I totally get what you meant in the beginning. I constantly think, "I am not old enough to be dealing with ..." Life just keeps going by faster and faster. Love ya!
My kids would say a "pro" is a pregnant retarded ostrich, so congrats on that one. I am impressed with how great you've handled three kids.
You are such a pro, Laura. And your 3 kiddos are just the cutest. You and Matt did good! :) Miss you guys so much!
Love ya!
And besides the 3 sweet children...you even blog about it beautifully!! I love this photo~
Post a Comment