Friday, June 24, 2011

the good life



Recently, I took the kids on a walk to the CSUN duck pond. It is a great little walk from our house and the kids love going. As I walked through campus pushing 2 little ones in the double stroller (not to mention with a growing baby bump) watching all of the college students, I felt a little pang of nostalgia. College life. You know, only yourself to worry about, no real responsibility (other than studying), freedom to come and go as you please, lunches out with friends, sleeping in, working out whenever you want….ahhhh, now THAT was the life.



As I was reminiscing over the “good old days”, I had a different perspective flash in my mind. I pictured a woman, maybe 10 or 20 years my senior, driving past, watching me push my sweet little ones. I imagined her watching me with a smile as I got them out of the stroller and looking at their happy faces running towards the ducks. With that same pang of nostalgia. You know, endless hugs and kisses, little hands holding yours, simple pleasures, sweet moments..….about how THAT was the life.



6 comments:

kelly l said...

this was basically what a lady in relief society talked about today, just enjoying your stage in life, especially when your life is so hectic with little kids.

Ann said...

Having little ones around is the best. There is nothing else like it, except maybe grandkids.

Kim said...

well said!

BBS said...

I agree with the 3 above comments and was actually going to write "well said!"

Sheena said...

I just took the kids on a walk today and had the same experience- wishing a had a little freedom like I did back in the day and then while crossing the street an older woman in her car was smiling and pointing to us and waving at the kids. I started to walk with my head a little higher after that!

leigh said...

i never got around to commenting but i loved this post! although at first i was deceived cause i thought your post was gonna say the good life was having kids that were already such dodger fans. i love seeing the kids in their gear. i miss the good life of college though.