Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Education

(Chase in front of his red classroom door at preschool)


While getting ready for preschool this morning, Chase commented to me that his striped shirt was a pattern of green, black, white, green, black, white. "Look Mom, see it's a pattern" he proudly exclaimed.

Excited myself that my steep preschool tuition seemed to be paying off, I responded "That is right Chase, good job. Are you learning about patterns in preschool?"

"No." Chase responded.

"Oh, well where did you learn that?"

"From Dora."

Awesome.

The other day my Mom was reading me an article in the newspaper about a study that showed all of the benefits of reading with your children. (Half) joking I responded that I was going to do a study that showed all the benefits of letting your children watch television.

I guess I will add identifying patterns to my study along with learning Spanish and the alphabet.

3 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

wow, i've been equally impressed with my Kindergartner identifying patterns (your first year preschooler is obviously very advanced!) while i'm no longer paying the steep tuition, i don't think i even have the heart now to ask where he learned that.

leigh said...

that little boy just melts my heart. that picture is just too cute. i think his preschool is overrated. didnt he learn how to count and add from tv too??

Kady said...

I love it, it's the truth. Super Why is teaching Tess her alphabet and Team Oomie Zoomie is teaching her patterns and numbers. Social skills may be another issue!