My last race was Memorial Day 2014, before I got pregnant with Olivia. I've been wanting to do another race, but had a hard time committing to it. Finally, I decided to run Santa Barbara, which I last ran in 2014 but loved. The stars aligned when I found out that Kady, Gay and Anneli were all going to run it too, plus it was over a holiday weekend which meant a good excuse to go leave the kids with my parents overnight while Matt and I stayed in Santa Barbara.
I had been sick all week leading up to this race which was super annoying. Luckily I was at the tail end by race day, but still was a bit congested. The course was different this year, which was the first disappointment. The old course was a point to point, and this was an out and back of sorts. Second, the course was long...13.3 to be exact. And lastly, they didn't hand out race medals. Which made it feel like the race didn't even happen.
Total time: 1:43:02
Race finish: 82
Gender: 21
Division: 3
1 comment:
Glad to see you’re still SUPER fast! And that is lame about the medal, but a getaway sounds awesome!
Post a Comment