Sunday, August 23, 2009

san diego

we headed down to san diego this weekend for a little get away before the summer ends.

First stop was to visit my cousin Jen in OC. She just had a baby girl 6 weeks ago. Can you believe little Hanna is 6 weeks younger than Mia? I think she is bigger.
Chase and Coleman hit it off right away. (picture is a little blurry, but the only one they were both looking)

This is my favorite. I think they did this when we asked them to put their arms around each other. Not quite what we had in mind boys...


We arrived in San Diego, hit the pool and then took a stroll around Old Town. Right when I was thinking how much I could use a sword on the trip, we happened upon this sign. What luck!!


Hit up some grub Mexican food for dinner. Matt didn't think he would make the cut to be in this post.

Day 2 we hit up the beach. Of course we picked the cloudy day to go to the beach and the sunny day to go to Sea World. That's how we roll. It did make for nice weather for a 2 mile run on the beach. That's right peeps, 2 miles - first time running in about 5 months. Approximately 30 seconds into running I told Leigh I had a side cramp, but we still managed to do the run in about 18 min. not too shabby!


Mom, Dad, Matt and Chase busy at work building a sand castle.

while we did some of this:


pretty professional looking castle if you ask me. good job guys.

Mia's 5th trip to the beach.

On our way to the Padre's game we walked by a fire station. The garage door was open and a bunch of fire fighters were hanging around outside. They asked if Chase wanted to come look in the fire engines. My Dad started to say we were on our way to the game and didn't have time, to which I interjected that obviously we had time for that.

Petco Park. Doesn't this picture look like we are superimposed onto a fake backdrop? I swear we were really there. One stadium closer to visiting all the stadiums in our lifetime (matt and Leigh's lifetime goal). I think this is only my 4th so we have a long way to go. And one of those 4 was Shea stadium, so that is a do over I guess. By the way, the Padres beat the Cardinals 4-0. I guess we are good luck. It felt really wrong to root for the Padres.



Day 3 Sea World. First stop - Shamu show. Here we are looking like a happy family that is excited to be at Sea World:



Here we are a few short minutes later mid melt down from Chase that the show was scary (note that show did not start yet). This picture depicts my multi tasking skills as I am feeding Mia with one hand, while "explaining" to Chase that this is NOT scary and, by the way, we just spent a lot of money to come down to Sea World to have fun and we are DOING THIS FOR YOU and you will watch this show and LOVE IT. Do you think he understood that?? Matt and Chase had to leave the show before the whales made an appearance.



Looking excited to go see Elmo in 4D. This ended badly as well. Matt left with a crying Chase after he was sprayed in the face with water. Oh, and we sat in the very middle of a BIG row. And my parents and I were left to enjoy Elmo. And Mia was sprayed in the face about 3 times. But didn't cry as much as Chase.

Consulting the map for the non-scary attractions:
The rest of the shows were successful. Mia was a trooper and spent many of the shows like this:


All in all, it was a fun weekend, although I am not sure we will let Chase go to another amusement park anytime soon.

5 comments:

B said...

Wow, I didn't know which one baby was whose until I looked down further. It was so fun to see these pics, thanks for posting them.

kelly l said...

sounds like a fun and eventful trip that i'm sure chase will cherish for years to come. i'm thinking that kate is smaller than both those girls. i loved the pics of coleman and chase. pretty funny.

leigh said...

i think this post could be funnier, maybe you should try harder next time. but that sword sign gave quality entertainment for about 5 minutes!! ha. i would like to mention that a majority of these photos were provided by me. your welcome for capturing the great moments of our trip.

Stephie Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BBS said...

OK- this is probably my favorite post yet...I wonder why! Thanks for the very adorable photos and the great writing about your holiday. So fun!